Barring any complications I should be out of the hospital on Sun night. They're not going to do it laproscopically like I thought they would. I'm going to have a bikini incision. Basically I'll have a big scar from hip bone to hip bone. And I scar incredibly easily. Oh well.
They're actually going to take my right ovary completely out, and take the small cyst off the left one at the same time. Thank goodness. I do not want to have to go through this again.
If you pray, please pray for me. If you don't well, you're best wishes are still appreciated.
I probably won't be on here for a while. My initial recovery time is about two weeks. And I can lift or push anything over 30 pounds for six. So bye-bye job, hello school. Yeah, I'll be starting school while I'm still recovering. Hoo-effing-rah. Anywho, this is just to let you all know.
this is it for now. I might be a bit more elaborate on this laters.
It would be the best gift EVA! Well, one of the best gifts ever. It will go in my dorm, since caffeine is a must have for getting through school and all other things life related.
Why do people challenge/censor/burn books? If you dont like it DONT READ IT! Knowledge should be available to everyone, and people should know themsleves enough to know what will offend them. If you think it will offend you, dont buy it, borrow it, or even pick it up. I might want to read it, so dont try to ban it. If you do try to Ill read it anyway. Why? Because I dont give a fuck whether or not it stings your delicate sensibilities. In this country we have freedom of speech, yes? In every aspect of expression we have that freedom. I am certainly not going to try to repress someone elses opinion. Whether I like it, or whether I dont, its not mine to edit.
Now, if you, like me, hate censorship there are ways to combat it. I for one concentrate on book bannings and challenges. The American Library Association celebrates Banned Book Week annually during the last week of September. (I tend to celebrate it every day. :P) I know its early and all, but go read a banned book. You might be suprised who gets on the list...
“Where they have burned books, they will end in burning human beings.”—Heinrich Heine, from his play Almansor (1821); (German: “"Dort, wo man Bücher verbrennt, verbrennt man am Ende auch Menschen.”)
sad and ever present omnipresent feeling of... emptiness alone knowing the reason why I ask but never hear the answer tell spill your secrets keep piling up over drowning under the weight crushing painful chained to the floor pull against the shackles of steel yourself for the rising tide of human sickness is inside of me consuming confusing curving toward the fear of this...myself
10. A man's place is in the army.
9. For men who have children, their duties might distract them from the responsibilities of being a parent.
8. Their physical build indicates that men are more suited to tasks such as chopping down trees and wrestling mountain lions. It would be "unnatural" for them to do other forms of work.
7. Man was created before woman. It is therefore obvious that man was a prototype. Thus, they represent an experiment, rather than the crowning achievement of creation.
6. Men are too emotional to be priests or pastors. This is easily demonstrated by their conduct at football games and watching basketball tournaments.
5. Some men are handsome; they will distract women worshipers.
4. To be ordained pastor is to nurture the congregation. But this is not a traditional male role. Rather, throughout history, women have been considered to be not only more skilled than men at nurturing, but also more frequently attracted to it. This makes them the obvious choice for ordination.
3. Men are overly prone to violence. No really manly man wants to settle disputes by any means other than by fighting about it. Thus, they would be poor role models, as well as being dangerously unstable in positions of leadership.
2. Men can still be involved in church activities, even without being ordained. They can sweep paths, repair the church roof, and maybe even lead the singing on Father's Day. By confining themselves to such traditional male roles, they can still be vitally important in the life of the Church.
1. In the New Testament account, the person who betrayed Jesus was a man. Thus, his lack of faith and ensuing punishment stands as a symbol of the subordinated position that all men should take.
And thats it for the hilarity, right now.
[If youre awake I must be dreaming]
But anyhow, working is ok. Just have to deal with the creepy boss for another month, and then Lincoln! Yep. And new good developments besides getting lots o' money every two weeks. Yes, I have a boy. :P
(On a shore of tears yet to be cried)
I have lately been addicted to listening to Deadboy and the Elephantmen. A local band from Louisiana. Good stuff. Which is where the lines Ive been putting in here at random come from. Ha.
I need to go to the bank and figure out why my PIN isnt working. I havent changed it, and the card isnt expired, so... I dont know what the problem is.
A sillyface is endearing to me...
You preferred a weapon with 32% power over speed and 27% range over melee.
| You use a Halberd.|
Possibly the most versatile polearm ever made, the Halberd is an elegant mix of spear and staff, remaining relatively light while having an effective cutting edge and stabbing point. Your enemies will never get near you; your personal space will be as unreachable as a faraway land.
|My test tracked 2 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:|
|Link: The What's Your Signature Weapon Test written by inurashii on Ok Cupid, home of the 32-Type Dating Test|
What if, by some turn of events, our HP protagonists (and Draco, dear draco) got turned into Disney version fairy tale protagonists? or...at least got stuck in the get up/guise as one.
The evil little bunny even came with the corresponding fairy tale ladies... *sigh*
Harry=Snow White (I blame Yukipon-san for this *completely* :P )
Hermione=Alice because everything making no physics-sense at all would drive her crazy.
Ron=the Little Mermaid/Ariel. go on. laugh it up. I did. :D
Draco=Sleeping Beauty... and Harry has to save him... Moo ha ha ha ha XP (or possibly Cinderella, just to make him squirm and whine by having to clean! *le gasp!* hee hee.
Has anyone noticed besides me the "princes/heros" (where there is one) is predominantly dark or black haired in these stories? (as yet, this is one more reason to have Hermoine be Alice. Alice has no male "hero". She doesnt need one. She gets through it all pretty much on her own. lol
ETA: OHMIGOSH! Hermoine would be perfect as Alice! I just looked up the cheshire cat on wikipedia its said this that caught my attention : The Cheshire Cat is a fictional cat appearing in Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland. It appears and disappears at will, engaging Alice in amusing but sometimes vexing conversation. The cat often points out philosophical points that annoy Alice.
(**italics added by me)
But holy crizzle! Crookshanks could be turned into the cheshire cat! woahmygoskkdmfblwekw;elablergh!!!
*has confounded herself with its perfection*
I am off to read the rest and to bed with me!
2. Are you male or female? : Buddha for Mary
3. Describe yourself : A Modern Myth
4. How do some people feel about you : The Mission
5. How do you feel about yourself : Fallen
6. Ex boyfriends/girlfriends : A Beautiful Lie
7. Current boyfriend/girlfriend/crush : R-Evolve
8. Describe where you want to be : The Fantasy
9. Describe where you live : 93 Million Miles
10. Describe how you live : Battle of One
11. What would you ask for if you had just one wish : The Story
12. Share a few words of Wisdom : Was It a Dream?
13. Any general advice : Oblivion
14. Share a favorite pickup line : Welcome to the Universe
15. And if that one doesn't work : Edge of the Earth
16. What secondary school do/did you attend : End of the Beginning
17. Pepsi or coke? : Savior
18. Any pets? : Hunter
19. Favorite food? : From Yesterday
20. Do you drink? : Year Zero
21. Say goodbye : Echelon
What say you, Sirius? Up for being immortalized in hardback forever and ever? You shall be a sung hero. Rare that heroes get singing about.
Especially the sort who die of Christmas Pudding. (SBP Moony)
Yaycoffee, I must thank you profusely for sending me the link to this story. *loffs* "Tis great fun. Had no idea such wit existed in maruader fics. (but then, I havent read many maruader fics at all.) :D
*goes back to read and giggle*
|Your Candy Heart Says "Get Real"|
You're a bit of a cynic when it comes to love.
You don't lose your head, and hardly anyone penetrates your heart.
Your ideal Valentine's Day date: is all about the person you're seeing (with no mentions of v-day!)
Your flirting style: honest and even slightly sarcastic
What turns you off: romantic expectations and "greeting card" holidays
Why you're hot: you don't just play hard to get - you are hard to get
Seems about right. :D
Great, now Im crying again. Sorry about the run-on sentence there. I tried to get away from this in Reno, and I knew that if I came back here and lived with my mom and him this would happen all over again. But I missed Omaha too much. Just have to wait until May. Just 4 months.
God Im glad theres a concert tonight.